Medicare Supplement Plans:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois provides outstanding health benefits to Illinois residents including Medicare Supplement insurance plans for individuals over age 65 or those that are eligible for Medicare.
Why Do You Need Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Medicare is a federal program to help older Americans and some disabled Americans pay for the high cost of health care. However, Medicare was never intended to cover all of your health care costs. So even if you are covered by Medicare, you are still responsible for a large portion of your health care costs.
Determine Your Eligibility
- Age 65 or Older
As long as you are an Illinois resident age 65 or older and have Medicare Parts A and B, your acceptance is guaranteed.
- Under Age 65
If you are an Illinois resident, under age 65, have Medicare Parts A and B and apply for a Medicare supplement plan within the six (6) months following your enrollment for Medicare Part B, your acceptance is guaranteed.
What is guaranteed acceptance?
Medicare Supplement plans require medical underwriting to be issued. In other words, you have to answer some medical questions to determine whether you will be accepted or denied by the insurance company. Guaranteed acceptance bypass these medical questions and guarantee your coverage.
When can I sign up for a Medicare Supplement plan?
You can sign up for a Medicare Supplement plan at anytime as long as you have Part A and B issued.
What Options does Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Provide for Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois offers two options for Medicare Supplement coverage — Standard and Med-Select plans. There are two key differences between them.
First, with Med-Select, to receive benefits for the Part A deductible, the client must use participating Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Med-Select hospitals (except in cases of emergency admission). If the client does NOT use a Med-Select hospital, he or she must pay the Part A deductible.
The second difference is price. With Med-Select, the client’s premiums will be even lower than the standarad rates.
- No Claim Forms in Most Cases
- Membership Card Recognition Guaranteed Nationwide
- No Waiting Period for Pre-Existing Conditions — Immediate Coverage
- Coverage for All Medicare-Approved Services
- Protection to Keep Pace with Medicare Cost Increases
- Choice of Physicians and Hospitals
- Save up to 30% on services at spas, wellness and fitness centers, and Complementary Alternative Medicine therapies with BlueExtrasSM discount program
- Free Subscription to LifeTimes® Newspaper
- Billing Options — E-Z Blue Payment OptionSM for Monthly Pre-Authorized, Automatic Withdrawals or Pay by Check Every Two Months.